Monday, December 7, 2015

The Race......


 Kim and I got up early so we could have a spot by the fire
as everyone waits for the race to start.
I took Gu and water at miles nine, fifteen,
nineteen and twenty-three. Towards the end, I even ate a 
few slices of oranges. Oranges always taste better when I'm running. 
my goal was 3:45:00, I kept faster then that pace till mile fifteen and then I 
started to slow down. I did not pace myself very well. I ran the first 
half of the marathon faster then the second half, it should have
been the other way around. By mile twenty-one I was 
going much slower then planned. Next time...I will
run smarter, not faster or stronger...just smarter.

 Holy cow, it felt so amazing to cross that finish line!!! 
All the Turners were there cheering me on, it felt good.



No comments:

Post a Comment