Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Birth Story: Chapter One....



This little girl inside me has been turned
the wrong way, A C-section was the original plan.
Dr. Haskett wanted to induce me at 38 weeks and
try to flip her so I could have a vaginal birth.
Two weeks early was too early for me.
Knowing that if I went past 38 weeks the baby
would be to big to flip, I still declined his offer. I went
in for a check-up at 38 weeks and this girl was
magically head down!!!! Five days later
I went in for another check-up to make sure
she stayed in the right position, she did!! My new plan
was to just let her come on her own. Dr. Haskett was 
mostly ok with my plan, Because of the heat, my swelling,
and mine/the baby size, the doctor wouldn't let me go one
day past my due date. Together we decided to have
a vaginal induction at 39 weeks. 
On Thursday June 23 (my 39 week mark), I called
the hospital about the induction, They told me that
they got really busy during the night. Even
though I was at the top of the list, it might not happen today. Oh-well.
Trent went to work and I went on about my day as usual.
Mid-morning I started spotting and not feeling well. At
12:40 the hospital called and told me to be there at 
1:30. Good thing cause I was already having 
light contractions, I took Aspen and Raider
to grandma Jans, Called Trent and told him to leave work.
Called Fernanda and she met me at the hospital and 
hung out while Trent was on his way. 
At the hospital they hooked up my IV, low dose of
pitocin and fed me
Italian ice till my man got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment