Friday, July 8, 2016

Birth Story...Chapter Two




When the nurse checked me, I was only dilated
to a one and a half. Right then I knew it would
 be a long day/night. I told Trent their was no rush,
he could go home, shower and grab some lunch.
He arrived to the hospital around 4:00pm and 
Fernanda left shortly after that. My contractions
started getting stronger, I got an epidural and
a catheter around 6:00pm, both felt amazing. At 
9:00pm I was only dilated to a five, I wanted to cry. As
I lay there, numb, I kept feeling like I had to go
pee. Their was lots of pressure in my bladder/pelvis.
I told the nurse, she checked me again and within
45 minutes I had gone from a five to a ten!!! Yay, it
was time to push. As we waited for the doctor, This
baby girls heart rate started dropping. I was getting 
real nervous. After a few urgent calls from the nurse, Dr.
Haskett got right to work. I pushed and pushed, got 
an episiotomy, pushed and pushed more. Finally
at 11:24 pm little miss Cedar J. Turner
made her grand appearance. Coming in
at 8lbs 8oz and 19" long. Also, she had
hair!!!!!!! I held my angle for only a
minute, then it was time for Trent
and Cedar to go to the nursery and
for me to go to the O.R. .....

No comments:

Post a Comment