Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Birth Story: Chapter Three......



Right before I went to the O,R,, I 
got lots more epidural. This time I was
numb from my chest down, weird feeling. 
Trent and Cedar were doing their thing in the 
nursery. I was lying flat on my back
with my legs strapped down in a very cold room.
Let the tubal ligation began...
It was at least 12:30 am, they gave me
a heating blanket for my upper body and
I started drifting off to sleep while
the Doctor, nurse and the anesthesiologist
worked and took great care of me. 
Towards the end I started not feeling well.
My body was hot and cold. I started shaking
uncontrollably. I was sweating and had
the chills. Next thing I know, I am throwing
up in a bag. I have never felt so sick.
Plus I was helpless and I could only move my 
arms. Again, the medical staff was amazing, 
Once my tubal was done and I was stitched
and glued up, they lifted me back onto the 
hospital bed and wheeled me back to
Trent and Cedar. Even though I was
throwing up, I was starving. 
I ate some crackers and drank some juice.
Of coarse I just threw them up, It was
a vicious cycle....throwing up, shaking, running 
a fever. Finally they wheeled us into the
Mother and Child unit (Mother and Baby was full).
Trent fed and Changed Cedar while the nurse helped 
me to the bathroom for the first time.
Finally and 3:00 am, Friday the 24th,
Trent went home to get some sleep.
Cedar and I were alone for the first time.
I was exhausted, sick, yet peaceful.
We both fell asleep for about one and
a half hours,.....

No comments:

Post a Comment